GDPR – are you ready?
With the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018, preparations for understanding and adhering to the regulations are quite rightly a key focus for schools and companies alike.
In support of this, we are sponsoring a roadshow of seminars, focused specifically on GDPR for schools.
These targeted seminars, ‘Preparing for the New Data Protection Act (GDPR) – An Essential Legal Seminar for Schools’ will cover what is and isn’t changing, along with what you can prepare, in order to support your requirements for becoming GDPR compliant.
Take a look at the list of seminar topics:
- What’s changing (and what’s not)
- Ways to prepare: Data protection “audit” v “health check” and “Data Mapping”
- Schools new obligations and individual legal rights
- The role of the School Data Protection Officer – who should it be?
- How GDPR affects school development, marketing, wealth profiling and alumni relations
- Necessary amendments to data protection policies, consent mechanisms, terms & conditions, Acceptance Form
- IT and data security
- The effect on school procurement and contracts with service providers
- Keynote Speaker and Panellist from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Paula Williamson, Solicitor at The Information Law Practice and Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Kristine Scott, Partner and Head of Education at Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Andy Barnes, ICT Director of Technology, Bryanston School
- Guest Speakers*: Steve Cullen, Insight Management Services and Information Governance, Dr Chris Pounder, Director of Amberhawk, * Christopher Ellott, DPO at St Mary’s School, Ascot, Louise Bennett, IDPE plus other
*Guest speakers vary between the 3 different events so please check our Programme carefully before choosing your event
The Schedule of Events
- London - 9th November 2017, The Law Society, London
- Birmingham - 30th November 2017, Birmingham Repertory Theatre
- Manchester - 27th March 2018, The Manchester Grammar School
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for the following roles: School Data Protection Practitioners, SBM’s, Bursars, SMT, ICT Directors, Data Managers and School Development Managers.
Booking your Place
To book your place on any of these seminars and see a full programme for the day, please see the event booking form here: www.theinformationlawpractice.com/GDPR
The cost of each seminar is £325.00 plus VAT, this includes a delegate pack, refreshments and lunch.